Statehouse Jobs Marketplace
Posted: June 20, 2017
Organization: American Municipal Power, Inc.
Job Title: Director of Media Relations and Communications
1. Responsible for forward-looking communications strategies to position the organization positively to the following audiences: members, investors/financial markets, policymakers/regulators, utility trade groups and national public power audiences. Duties include developing communications pieces to keep these (and other) audiences informed of organizational goals, accomplishments and activities through media outreach, communications projects and special events. Responsible for developing and updating project updates and organizational promotions. Responsible for communications initiatives, including: writing or editing speeches, papers and letters; planning presentations and support materials; and providing support for special requests from members and management.
2. Directs internal and external publications and social media. Duties include layout, design, drafting approvals and distribution of AMP publications. Responsible for ensuring all AMP publications are high-quality, effective and timely.
3. Tracks and ensures projects and publications stay within approved budgets; prepares purchase order requisitions and other accounting paperwork as needed. Prepares publications budgets for review.
4. Serves as principal spokesperson for AMP with media outlets and as a point of contact for media inquiries. Coordinates and supports interviews with media by CEO or other members of executive management. Also serves as backup to Senior Vice President of Members Services and External Affairs/OMEA Executive Director in dealings with local officials at AMP project sites.
5. Responsible for developing, promoting and implementing opportunities in member communities to increase awareness of benefits of public power, AMP, projects and power supply industry developments. Also responsible for identifying opportunities for AMP management to speak at industry events to raise the organizational profile and for preparation of related presentation materials.
6. Manages special projects and programs as required, including: setting direction, coordinating resources, managing budget, establishing timelines, etc. Projects may encompass public relations, legislative or technical issues.
7. Coordinates efforts involving publications and/or the AMP website with the Vice President of External Affairs, including graphic design, editing, etc. Coordinates efforts involving member presentations with Director of Marketing/Member Relations.
8. Cultivates and maintains good relationships with officials from member communities.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional details: www.gongwer-oh.com/public/130/ampdmr.pdf
To Apply: Visit www.amppartners.org/careers
Application Deadline: July 11
Subscribers may post Statehouse-related job openings on this site at no cost. To post a position, send details to email@example.com or call 614.221.1992. Non-subscribers can contact Gongwer to learn about job posting rates.