Posted: Sept. 28, 2015
Organization: National Federation of Independent Business/Ohio
Job Title: Member Support Manager
Primary responsibilties: The Member Support Manager is responsible for the development and maintenance of a strong network of activist NFIB members in assigned state of Ohio. Recruit, train, organize and coordinate the activities of NFIB members to support and grow member activism. Works with all NFIB departments to implement national programs and initiatives. Responsibilities include but are not limited to working with the State Director to organize and provide support to the state Leadership Councils and activist network development; planning and executing events and meetings held on a state and regional basis; providing support to the Media Manager by supplying activist members for media contact and planning media events, engaging online, earned and social media; providing support to the state director in identifying and implementing member input into the advocacy before the legislature; assisting with fundraising and political activities and the implementation of NFIB issue campaigns; and working with Member Services staff to develop and promote member value added products and services in the state or region.
Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; work outcomes must meet and / or exceed productivity and quality standards. Must be able to work as part of a cooperative team environment and independent of direct supervision; adhere to Company and Department policies and procedures. Performs other projects as needed.
Additional details: http://www.gongwer-oh.com/public/130/nfibmsm.pdf
To apply: Contact Lindsay Blazer (Lindsay.Blazer@NFIB.ORG) or apply online: https://rew21.ultipro.com/NFI1001/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=920
Posting ends: Oct. 9, 2015
Posted: September 3, 2015
Organization: Ohio Restaurant Association
Position: President & Chief Executive Officer
Overview: In Ohio, restaurants are a driving force in the state’s economy. Not only do restaurant sales generate tremendous tax revenues, but the industry provides jobs and builds careers for thousands. In 2015, restaurants will account for 557,200 jobs in Ohio — 10% of employment in the state. There are 21,921 eating and drinking places in Ohio that are projected to register $18.3 billion in sales. The Ohio Restaurant Association (ORA) is the leading not-for-profit business trade association committed solely to furthering Ohio's foodservice industry, they exist to help restaurants succeed. The ORA provides thought leadership, advocacy, and representation for more than 1,700 member companies representing more than 5,000 foodservice locations in the State of Ohio today.
Position Description: The President & CEO will work across the state in a hands-on way and be able to create and communicate a long term vision that resonates with the industry to retain and attract new members. The role requires a dynamic personality and willingness to reach out to members, potential members and partners across the state to build awareness, connection and support. The right leader will possess political savvy, strategic thinking and passion for the organization mission. This leader will also have the opportunity for next-level, entrepreneurial growth and to strengthen ORA’s influence in service to the Ohio restaurant industry. Includes, strong executive compensation package, relocation as necessary and the opportunity to work for one of the nation’s top performing trade associations.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Inspire, lead, hire, retain and develop the staff to achieve or exceed all stated goals and objectives
• Lead the overall operation of the ORA and ORA Educational Foundation
• Provide appropriate and timely information to the Board of Directors to make informed and effective decisions; serve as the liaison between the Board of Directors and staff; responsible for the recruitment and identification of new board members
• Drive member satisfaction and increase association membership
• Provide oversight and management of the organization’s resources (human, material, financial) in accordance with the organization’s mission, values and consistency with board policy
• Establish vision, formulate the organization’s mission, strategic plan, goals, objectives and related policies and ensure effective implementation
• Lead the development and execution of highly effective marketing and communications strategies that resonate with a wide variety of audiences
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in chosen field; advanced education is a plus; past experience leading in public facing roles that may include public or private sector positions; restaurant/hospitality experience and/or proven passion and empathy for the industry in related work in companies, associations or similar; passionate and innovative leadership style; demonstrated ability to inspire and develop an organization of at least similar size and complexity; demonstrates executive presence and communication to address a wide variety of audiences; and including experience supervising staff and working with a board of directors.
For more information or to apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Chris Brem at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614.570.9182.
Posted: August 24, 2015
Organization: Ohio Chamber of Commerce
Position: Director, Public Policy Communications
Overview: The Ohio Chamber of Commerce is a champion for Ohio businesses so that our state enjoys economic growth and prosperity. With over 8,000 members, we have been Ohio’s premier business advocate since 1893.
Position Description: This is a newly created position which will serve both the Communications and Government Affairs departments and thus report to both the Vice President, Communications and Vice President, Government Affairs. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing digital media strategies and creating a variety of communications pieces that educate elected officials and our members on issues that impact our state’s business community.
• Managing digital media strategies including messaging and advocacy through social media platforms;
• Helping to promote the Ohio Chamber’s message to media, Ohio Chamber members, General Assembly members and potential members;
• Creating, managing and writing content for our website on both members and policy issues;
• Exploring other non-traditional communications methods to ensure the organization is keeping up with new technology;
• Writing articles for our membership publication, Ohio Matters;
• Promoting and attending Ohio Chamber events;
• Working with other staff members to promote the chamber’s mission.
Qualifications: Preferred qualification are a bachelor’s degree in communications, public policy, political science or similar area. Relevant experience in any of the following areas: political campaign involvement, issue advocacy, communications or association management. Candidate must have excellent communications skills and be able to demonstrate the ability to write for printed publications as well as social media outlets. Must be very familiar with AP Stylebook and with the Ohio political process. Other qualifications include knowledge of basic web management, Microsoft applications and use of social media. Candidate must be a team player that can execute projects on their own. Qualified applicants may possess any combination of education and experience enabling them to successfully perform the responsibilities of the position.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume with salary history and professional references to Julie Wagner Feasel, Vice President, Communications at email@example.com.