The departure of Rep. Matt Lundy in December has put his Lorain County district near the top of House Republicans' list of targeted races, with Sen. Gayle Manning's son Nathan running against Democrat Brendan Mackin for the open seat.
The two candidates have similar backgrounds: both are fairly young attorneys, both have worked as assistant prosecutors and city law directors, and both are relatively centrist in their political views.
Also In Gongwer
No upcoming events scheduled.
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More
- Politics Notebook: Republicans To Pursue Voter ID Discharge Petition; Group Urges Pro-Middle Class Policies; Business Owner Corrects FitzGerald Comment
- Agency Briefs: Polling Locations Get Grants; DSA Awards $9 Million For Infrastructure Projects; Racing Commission; BWC
- House District 79: Business Owner, Retired Deputy Vie For Clark County Seat
- Voter Registration At Welfare Offices Continues To Slide