Dozens of witnesses continued to file through the House Finance & Appropriations Committee Friday, as the panel wrapped up hearings on the biennial budget ahead of a second round of revisions and a vote next week.
Chairman Rep. Ryan Smith (R-Bidwell) anticipates the committee will amend and vote on the $71.5 billion spending bill (HB 64) Monday afternoon, but has scheduled an "as-needed" hearing for Tuesday if more time is required.
Also In Gongwer
No upcoming events scheduled.
Gongwer Is Your Source For
- Detailed Capitol News You Can Trust
- Comprehensive Committee Coverage
- Bill Tracking By Number, Keyword & Section
- Real-Time Legislation Alerts
- Easy to Share Custom Bill Status Reports
- Legislative History On All Bills
- Committee Tracking
- Legislative, Agency & Fundraising Schedules
- Legislator Contact Tools
- Comprehensive Government Directories
- Election & Candidate Information
- News Clips From Other Sources
- Extensive News & Legislative Archives
- Much More
- House Preps Budget For Passage; Sheriffs Oppose Plan To Allow Private Jails
- Digital Library Warns Budget Cuts Would Kill Reading Guarantee Materials; Schools Keep Pressure On TPP Issue
- Republicans Look To Ramp Up Healthier Buckeye Initiative In Budget
- House Scraps Kasich Tax Plan, Beefs Up School Funding In Biennial Budget Measure