New Unemployment Compensation Requirements Take Effect; Derickson Says Online Filing Should Stay Out Of MBR
Unemployed Ohioans seeking benefits must now register with OhioMeansJobs and complete reemployment activities because of the recent implementation of workforce legislation signed into law last summer.
As of April 11, Ohioans applying for new unemployment benefit accounts must sign up through OhioMeansJobs.com or a local employment one stop and personally complete jobs-related activities beginning as early as their eighth week of receiving compensation.
Also In Gongwer
No upcoming events scheduled.
- From Congress: Brown, Portman Urge Proper Tariffs For Diamond Saw Imports; Beatty Introduces Financial Literacy Bill
- Portman Leads Panel Seeking To Improve Opiate Addiction Prevention, Treatment, Recovery
- From Congress: Brown Backs Worker Training Initiative; Portman; Wenstrup
- Portman, Brown Amend Tax Bill To Include Program For Delphi Retirees, Other Initiatives
- DRC Fines Private Food Service Company For Failing To Deliver On Contract
- Inmate Property Reimbursements Cost Prisons $128,000; Inspection Report Shows Smooth Youth Facility Closing
- Stakeholders Offer Input On MBR's Community Corrections, Other Proposals
- CIIC Says Seclusion Lawsuit Against DYS Points To Broader Problems
- Unemployment Drops To 6.1%, State Reports
- House Committee Moves Workforce MBR With Few Changes
- Agency Briefs: Kasich, Fudge Seek DBE Waiver for Cleveland Projects; U.S. Unemployment Stuck at 6.7%; AG; Auditor; OSHP; DSA
- DSA Promotes Workforce MBR; Republicans Propose Pilot Programs, But Chairwoman Casts Doubts